The generic can be more intense than the concrete. - Jorge Luis Borges
I’m a scientist and engineer currently based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Currently, I work as a Data Scientist at Connecterra B.V, a dairy-tech scale up in Amsterdam. During my current tenure, I gained valuable experience in:
- End-to-end machine learning:
- Analysis, prototying and proof of concept for new models / services.
- Building ML experimentation software stacks.
- Large scale data preparation and model evaluation pipelines, going beyond text-book metrics.
- Engineering real-time services serving ML models.
tinyMLmodel optimisations such as quantisation, enabling power savings on edge deployments.
Previously I used to be a researcher at the CWI Amsterdam and the TAU group at the INRIA Paris-Saclay. During my PhD days, my research interests broadly covered machine learning applications in physical systems. I am interested in all the interesting problems that fall in between, such as, forecasting, simulation, uncertainty quantification, and system identification.
In my free time, I enjoy literature; fiction and (sometimes) non-fiction, and expanding my horizons with music from around the world.
- AGUProbabilistic forecasting of the disturbance storm time index: An autoregressive Gaussian process approachSpace Weather 2017
- Chapter 9 - Probabilistic Forecasting of Geomagnetic Indices Using Gaussian Process Models2018
- ICLRDynamic Time Lag Regression: Predicting What & WhenIn International Conference on Learning Representations 2020